The end of the year post
This is going to be a long. I have to fit the last 365 days into one post.
Obivously - first and foremost the highlight of this year was the reuniting of the New Kids on the Block! Back in September when the concert happened I wanted to post about it, but couldn't adequately put into words the feelings I was having. However, I'm going to give it a try now:
For a few weeks this year I was able to be 13 again (the good part of being 13!)! In fact, pretty much every time I listen to my NKOTB CD (which is pretty often - I'm transported back to 1989). That is the best gift you could ever give a 32 year old girl who feels older and older everyday! Starting in April with the announcement on Good Morning America - where I squealed and jumped up and down and experienced my first of many 13-year-old-esque meltdowns over them this year - right to the two shows in one week at the Air Canada Centre in September I was thrilled. But, the ABSOLUTE BEST PART of the whole experience was being able to share it with My Girls. It was especially great for Arnelle and I as we were experiencing it together for the second time and we could look back and reminisce on so many shared memories we had forgotten. But it was also so cool to be able to realize that even though Siva and Karen and Kema and I may not have even known each other way back then we all shared a collective happy memory.
Here's me and the girls, on route to the show - have you ever seen a happier bunch?
As for the rest of the year:
January - The year was off to a slow start. I came down from my holiday high and started in on my new year's resolution of becoming debt free. Needless to say, the first few months of 2008 were kind of meager - but you gotta start somewhere.
February - As is customary with this dreary month, things weren't so great. I was really sick (but had to go into work anyways 'cuz we had visitors from Germany) and got some horrible, horrible news. Needless to say, I'm glad the month only has 29 days. I was happy to see February over and prayed the year would get better from there.
April - In April came the big announcement: NKOTB announced that the were reuniting, releasing a new album and going on tour in the summer! It was going to be one loooong summer of anticipation. A surprise of all surprises - Danny Wood was now the HOT one!
May - My (other) Girls, Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte came back into my life with the release of the Sex and the City movie. I am the first to admit I was a bit wary...with fingers crossed that they wouldn'r ruin something that was already perfect, I went to see the movie with My (original) Girls and it was worth the wait! I ended up seeing it twice in the theatre and was one of the first to buy it the day it was released on DVD!
June - Isaac turned 1! The super cutest most wonderful baby in my life turned 1 and his mommy and daddy threw him a super fun bday party in my building's party room.
July - As per usual, July was busy with birthdays - me, Siva and Arnelle all turned 32. For the first time in awhile I felt like really celebrating so I put on my cutest LBD and we hit up Tatoo Rock Parlour. Most importantly though, Karen was pregnant at the time - but I had no idea...until a few days later when she broke the news to me the day before my birthday. To date - the BEST b-day present ever!
August - I finally got to take a full weeks vacation to enjoy the summer at a cottage I rented with my mom...but alas, it was rainy and cool most of the week. I didn't let it get me down though. I got to spend some quality time with my younger cousins and was immersed in Breaking Dawn, the final book in the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series, and although it was a major let down...I almost don't mind 'cuz it gave me so much to talk/bitch about with people for weeks on end.
September - NEW. KIDS. ON. THE. BLOCK. FINALLY!!!!!
October - I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to go to Virginia with my sister in September where she and her husband joined my dad for a NASCAR race in Richmond. But in October my dad and I went on a road trip to Concord North Carolina and I finally got to see my first NASCAR race, live and in person! It was an experience...the crowd and the people are nothing like you would run into here and I had a great time (even though I was sick the entire weekend!). I also got to visit with my cousin in Virginia who is expecting her second child any day now. I wish she lived closer 'cuz I know we could have a lot of fun together!
November - Arnelle and I had been anticipating it a bit longer than Karen, but no matter, she caught up quickly and it was actually her idea for us to take Friday, November 21st off so we could be one of the first in line to see the movie Twilight - based on Stephenie Meyer's insanely cheesy, but completely addictive novel. After first ending up in the wrong theatre, we found ourselves in the right place and cringed and groaned and giggled through the most cheesy movie of all time!! It was an awesome day! I also got to see the Sound of Music on stage which was one of the best stage shows I have seen in a long time. And Ange introduced me to the Kaiser Chiefs - a great live band.
December - The holidays were upon us once again. Christmas was quiet for a change and maybe it's a sign of calmer family times to come instead of the drama we are used to.
me.

3 Comments:
i think 2008 was the YEAR OF THE NKOTB!!!
I LOVE DONNIE....actually I LOVE JOEY!!!
I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!
AHHHHHH!!!!!
Thanks for making my eyes water in July! Too sweet.
Loved this entry!
nerak
Amendment to April, need to add:
Amy came to visit. It was too short but incredibly sweet!
peace ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home