Oh Brit
Did you watch the Britney Spears 'documentary'???
I stayed up until 11:30 on a Sunday - unheard of for the likes of me, just for the opportunity to be enlightened on what it's like to be Britney.
My opinion hasn't changed much. She still not the brightest tool in the shed...but I don't hold it against her. She's been performing and 'working' for a living since she was 13...I don't think education was high on her priority list or anyone in her family for that matter ('cept her brother I guess, who did go to college). She didn't answer many of the tough questions beyond what we already knew. But really, what were we expecting? It's her life and her business alone. Not anyone elses.
However - I do believe she really loves her kids. And that's a good thing. The fact is she doesn't have the time right now (out promoting her album) to take care of them and spend the time with them that they need, so it's probably better that she doesn't have full custody.
The most glaring bit that I did get from the show is that those drugs she is on - anti-depressants or whatever her doctors are giving her are doing a whammy on her. She is the most vacant unemotional person I have ever seen. She's got that drugged out hazy look in her eyes all the time. At moments where I thought for sure she'd have something to say or give some kind of reaction...she just sits there...as if floating on a cloud through the choas that is her life. It's sad...but for now, probably necessary?
It does however look like she has the right people around her. Her dad seems to be practising tough love - with an emphasis on love. In one scene he got all teary eyed when he saw her all made up for a photo shoot, in another he was making her breakfast but in another he was yelling at her to put down the damn phone (she was incessantly texting someone). She even did a hilarious impression of how her father runs her life which I thought was cute.
Her assistant seems to be pretty even keel as well. Brit's dad seems to respect her and she seem to be a really good friend to Brit.
The freakest bit of the whole thing though was the paparazzi. In one scene they pull up to a store where she wants to go shopping and they are all clamouring for a picture. Her body guard gets out first and tries to push them back. Then as she hops out of the van the insanity insues, you can hear her saying 'I'm scared, I'm scared'. That really hit home with me. You could hear the fear in her voice. And the next thing you know they are shoving her back in the van and you can see the fear on her face. Some of the paps are screaming and swearing at the van as they try to drive away. It was crazy.
It almost made me want to boycott the tabloid mags and tv shows...but only almost...
Fact is. Britney's life is not normal. It will never be normal. And that's sad. She talked about how her sister can go to the grocery store with her baby and that she's even seen Jessica Alba out shopping with her baby. But if she even steps out the door the paps are all over her. It's true and you can't help but feel a little sorry for her.
And was that the point? To gain our sympathy and really get rooting for her again - by buying her albums and going to her concert? Probably.
me.

1 Comments:
dammit! i forgot and you reminded me!
do you still have it taped?
Post a Comment
<< Home