A funny thing happened...
Yesterday at book club Angie put on quite the spread. All my favourite apps, a variety of tea and wine, good conversation with the girl, yummy cupcakes for dessert. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. So as we were chatting I leaned back and did a nice big stretch...as I came forward I heard this sizzling sound and thought...what IS that???
At the exact same moment the room errupted in screams and I heard Ange shout "YOUR HAIR!!!" as she lunged across the room. It was at that precise moment that I realized the sound was of my HAIR going up in FLAMES!! I had leaned back right into a candle on the table behind the couch!!
I'm laughing as I write this...but I'm sure it could have ended very not funny!! Anyways I reached up just as Ange made it to me and we managed to pat the flames out...and apparently there were indeed FLAMES coming from my hair! I'm sure all of the hair products I use on curly haired days didn't help.
The best or perhaps strangest part was all of the ash on Ange's couch after...I was actually shedding soot!! LOL.
Thankfully - I have a lot of hair so losing that chunk didn't leave any huge impact. At least to me. My hairdresser (my sister Mel) on the other hand was beside herself in horror when I stopped by on my way home and showed her. Apparently no flat ironing for awhile...*sigh*.
me.

3 Comments:
OH MY GAWD!! i can't believe that happened!!!
the horror!
did it smell really bad? i heard burnt hair smells bad...
it did...we had to open the balcony door for air...
It was INSANE, I was totally freaked. Then Sandy goes, what were you going to do, hit Lexie in the head, and I was like, umm YA! Of course I would hit her to put the flames out
Post a Comment
<< Home