My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

100 Things About Me (that you may or may not know)

I've seen other bloggers do this...so during this blogging drought I seem to be having I decided to give it a try. I don't know if mine will be half as interesting as their's were. But here goes:


1. I was born at Central Hospital in Toronto...which no longer exists.
2. When I was 9 I was an angel in the church nativity play.
3. I cut my waist length hair to a shoulder length bob when I was 9 'cuz I wanted to look like Alyssa Milano.
4. Alyssa Milano is Italian. I am not.
5. I have been friends with Ange and Arnelle since I was 10.
6. I don't know a lot of people that have had the same friends for over 22 years.
7. It doesn't feel like we've been friends for 22 years at all.
8. I've never eaten a candy apple.
9. I've only had two boyfriends in my life.
10. The first I only went out with for 23 days and 8 hours.
11. I know this because he asked me to be his girlfriend on New Year's Eve, just before midnight and broke up with him at school right before first period 23 days later.
12. I totally believe I knew my friend Karen in a previous life. The minute I met her she seemed familiar.
13. The logical explanation is that we met each other during the Sears Festival, a drama competition in high school.
14. The first concert I ever went to was Madonna's Who's that Girl Tour.
15. My dad took me to that show.
16. When I was a kid I suffered from frequent stomach pains and spent numerous evenings at the Emergency Room.
17. Looking back it was probably just gas.
18. My parents were 21 when I was born.
19. I am allergic to mosiquito bites.
20. What happens to me when I get them is not pretty and I won't describe it here.
21. I was extremely excited when my sister Melissa was born.
22. I was only 4 at the time and didn't fully realize the joy of being an only child.
23. I'm really glad I'm not an only child now.
24. I often wonder what it would be like not to be the oldest child though.
25. My mom had to pick me up at 11:00pm from the first slumber party I was ever invited too.
26. I failed my 365.
27. I passed my drivers test on the first try.
28. The examiners only comment was that I make my right turns too wide.
29. I still do.
30. My first real job was taking people's pictures for their season's pass at Wonderland.
31. I have also been a runner in a Bingo hall.
32. I don't think I'm pretty at all.
33. I wish I was.
34. But I like my eyes.
35. A boy once told me I had nice eyes and I've fixated on that ever since.
36. That's pretty sad that I have to look to a boy for validation.
37. I wish my eyelashes were longer though.
38. My sisters and I once picketed my parents to get a pet. We made picket signs and marched around chanting, "We wanna pet".
39. We finally got a pet - a cat we named Cuddles 'cuz she was so cuddly - 2 years later.
40. A year after that we came home from school one day and she was gone.
41. My dad took her back to the humane society because he was tired of being the one that had to take care of her.
42. I've never really forgiven him for that.
43. I've watched the Young and the Restless since I was 5.
44. Some of my all time favourite soap opera storylines have come from that show.
45. I have at one time or another followed every soap opera that is currently on the air and some that no longer air.
46. I wrote the first 45 things non-stop and now I have to take a break and come up with some other facts.
47. I was named after the 1968 Miss Guyana, Alexis Harris, who went on to place 6th in the Miss World pageant that year.
48. I've never seen a picture of this woman - but my parents both agree she was gorgeous.
49. I used to hate country music.
50. Now I love it.
51. I also love to line dance.
52. I took horseback riding lessons at 27.
53. I completed level one and quit level two just before we began learning to jump.
54. I have also taken belly dancing lessons.
55. I have taken tennis lessons.
56. I have taken guitar lessons.
57. I have a problem with finishing things I have started.
58. Of the 100's of knitting projects I have started I have completed approximately 5.
59. I can't remember where I learned to knit.
60. I was a Girl Guide for 10 years.
61. I was an Elf in Brownies.
62. I was Buttercup in Girl Guides.
63. My Brownie troop held I special ceremony for me when I graduated into Girl Guides 'cuz I was also moving away and would be in a Girl Guide troop in another city. They invited my new troop leader to the ceremony and she came.
64. I baked brownies to earn my baking badge.
65. I only went to camp once - and it was indoors.
66. I can't swim.
67. I used to be able to curl up both sides of my tongue but now for some reason I can't.
68. I like to make my own lip gloss.
69. I am the oldest grandchild on my father's side.
70. Drunk people kinda scare me.
71. I have never been to Mexico.
72. I can't hold my liquor.
73. I am pretty accurate when juding people on first impressions.
74. I am very happy with my choosen career path.
75. In other words, I like what I do.
76. Reading and watching tv are my escape from reality.
77. I am the second oldest grandchild on my mom's side.
78. I still sleep with my Care Bear - Tenderheart.
79. I saw Titanic 5 times in the theatre.
80. I like to bake.
81. If I could have any job in the world it would be a publicist for a celebrity or a book editor.
82. I didn't get into journalism 'cuz I don't think I could ask the hard questions.
83. I cringe when I have to watch tv journalists ask the hard questions.
84. I love watching the news.
85. I really hate Entertainment Tonight.
86. I'm not good at managing money.
87. I have achieved and stuck with the new year's resolution I made this year.
88. I haven't come up with a resolution for next year yet.
89. In my second year of university I watched the movie Speed at least 25 times, thanks to my roomate Michelle and my parents getting an illegal cable box.
90. I haven't watched it since then.
91. When I'm on vacation I am always dying to come home by the end, no matter how much fun I had.
92. I am very proud to be Canadian.
93. I like watching CBC.
94. I worry about my friends and my family more than I worry about myself.
95. I am struggling to come up with 5 more things.
96. I have developed a shoe addiction thanks to my sister.
97. Meetings with my boss make me nervous.
98. I can recite In Flanders Fields from memory.
99. I've never watched an episode of American or Canadian Idol.
100. My favourite movie is Dirty Dancing.

me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a fun entry until I got to#32. Personally I would have replaced #32 w/ I have fabulous and supportive friends!!

neraK

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow nice stuff, you started off really open then you went into the more frivolous things...I think I was a bit too honest and realize there were better things I could have written....I was WAY too honest

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home