My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Size Dilema

I have officially gone up one full dress size.  For awhile there I was kinda in between two sizes (which is pretty annoying 'cuz you have to take two sizes of everything you try on to see which one fits better)...but based on my shopping experiences the last few weeks I think it's time for me to admit it.  I am officially one size larger, no in betweens about it.
 
Which freaking blows my mind because I have been working so hard at not being one size larger.  I've essentially cut all junk food out of my diet and I'm trying to stay diligent about going to the gym...but I guess if I'm honest with myself I can admit I haven't been doing a great job of staying conisistent. 
 
So here I am.  And herein lies the dilema:
 
Do I buy the dress in the size that fits me now...even though I have all intentions of losing this weight.  Or...do I just not buy any new clothes and wait until I can fit into my regular size?
 
And as we ponder this great question, I am also wondering - is this the size I'm meant to be?  What if my metabolism and body type has me pre-disposed to be this size.  Is it worth the pain and suffering to try to be thinner?
 
Discuss.
 
me.


Upgrade to Hotmail Plus and share more photos with bigger attachments. Click here to find out how Click here to find out how

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my opinion...i dont like pain and i dont like suffering...so if you feel good at your new size then be it...but i swear to God... mike and i were talking about you yesterday...and mike mentioned that you lost more weight. so are you sure it wasnt just the store? i find that i am different sizes in some stores...like Zara...

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that basically, between sizes sucks. but either you got to commit to the size you are becoming or the size you were. Once you commit to 1 size, you will do it. I have written 3 different comments to continue, and i think i dont know what to say on the matter.
sometimes your weight will just fluctuate.. could be weather (we carry more weight in winter), could be medicine, could be body changes, could be bad habits.
i think either embrace the next size, or reject it completely. amy

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok what are you talking about?! you look fabulous! but coming from the fat prego..I wouldnt get anything or too much stuff if you're not comfortable with your new size. personally I am not getting a daggone thing until I whip myself into some recognizable shape after the baby comes. but like I said...you look great; I can only hope lol.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home