My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Backpacking Dad

Ange told me to check out a blog she reads regularly - Backpacking Dad. It's by someone she knew in university. And since I'm already a faithful reader of a mommy blog - The Kids are Alright - I thought I should probalby throw a daddy blog into the mix. Ange told me I should read it 'cuz he's such a good writer. Which peeked my interest even more. One of the best things about K-girl over at The Kids are Alright is that she's a great writer too. She takes average, everyday things and makes it something interesting, exciting, heart warming, even heart breaking.

So I click on over to Backpacking Dad and figure I'll look around a bit - click on some of his older posts to get a feel for the blog.

Since I'm currently - gutted (as Amy would say) about the fact that I'm not at Comic Con 'Erin Goes to Super Con' looked like a good post to start with...and how! Backpacking Dad met Wil Wheaton!! And not only that...fellow bloggers commented about the crushes they had on Wil Wheaton back in the day!! I am not alone! (Most people don't even know who Wil is...I bet a few of you are going to google him right now!) I'm not gonna lie...back around age 13 a poster of Wil carefully ripped out of my Bop magazine (to which I had a subscription) was neatly position low on my wall so that as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning, he was the first thing I saw...and yes...I kissed it every night before bed!

And here's another great thing:

Not only that, but Backpacking Dad seems like a wonderfully sweet and devoted husband and stay-at-home dad. I think I have a bit of a crush. And as a cynical single girl...part of me can't help but think maybe it's all just a blogging act...but that other part of me just wants to believe. Believe that super sweet guys like this do exsist...they might all be married already...but they're out there and maybe just maybe there might be one for me.

This is why I love the blogging world. Hope and validation can be found...all in one little post.

me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Backpacking Dad said...

This is insanely flattering. I'm really, really touched.

Tell Ange to quit blog-stalking and leave a comment ;}

I suppose I should take my own advice and stop blog-stalking her too. :}

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lex...its ok to have a crush on backpackingdad, if I remember correctly he is just as charming and genuine in person, particularly when singing the Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel to live guitar after drinking a couple (or possibly 10) beers...

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my response to your comment on the tightness question which I just posted on my comments section of the tps post:
He was really skinny and tall, like super skinny, and he had jeans that didn't HUG him, they just were tight all over, accentuating his skinniness, and I think the fact that he could FIND pants THAT TIGHT was why there were so memorable...I don't remember them being tight in a "oh my god I can see everything" kind of way, just in a "wow, he's really skinny, where did he get pants that fit him so tight?"

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home