My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Twilight - the continuing obsession

I am obsessed. I have been completley consumed in the last few days with the goodness that is the Twilight series. You might remember my posts way back in September when I was obsessively reading Twilight.

Soon after that I went on to New Moon, the second book in the series, but there I stalled.

Bella was beginning to annoy me - brooding teenager much? And I didn't get Bella's feelings for Jacob and I decided I needed a break. So I took my time getting to book 3, Eclipse, which was sitting on my bookshelf.

In the meantime though I was still giddy with excitement over the casting of the movie and then the teaser trailer...but I still hadn't started Eclipse.

Fastforward to a little over a month ago and Karen finally decides to read Twilight. She loved it. She devoured New Moon (no pun intended) and then read Eclipse in record time. At this point her excitement was contagious and I suddenly felt like I was discovering the joy of the series again. So I started Eclipse as soon as she was done with it.

And wow. What was I waiting for??? These books are pure and simple FUN. There is no real brain power required to understand them. You just have to feel. Put yourself in Bella's shoes and enjoy her romance and adventure. Yes - I still have a few beefs with the author - she's no JK Rowling no matter what anyone says - but she knows how to make you fall...hard...Edward is totally swoon worthy!

And now the discussions are back in full force, emails back and forth all day between, Karen, Amy, Ange and I covering the important questions - who should Bella choose, what will happen in the final book (scheduled for release in 10 short days), who would you want to play in the movie? And I can't stop surfing - there are tonnes of fansites out there...Twilight themed t-shirts for purchase, music playlists to listen too while reading the books, author interviews and discussion board spoilers...I'm enjoing it all.

Check out the trailer below and tell me you're not at least a little bit intrigued. And for those of you that are keeping score: I'm on Team Jacob.

me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where to start?!?!?

1/ Thank you for introducing me to the Twilight series

2/ This is your BEST blog yet (and I got a 'shout-out')

3/ Can't wait for the movie!

4/ You're absolutely correct - it's so easy to fall in love with the characters. It's such a fun read and it's exactly what I had been looking for, hence why I'm reading Twilight again. I plan to re-read them all again.

5/ I LOVE Edward!

6/ Totally obsessed too!!And it's fun to be obessed (in a good way)

Nerak (Team Edward)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home