My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Boy Bands Forever

As a girl who prides herself on keeping up with tenny-bopper trends (it keeps me young)...I must admit, I didn't know much about the Jonas Brothers besides the fact that S.O.S. was a pretty catchy tune...but somewhere around the time where I heard it 4 times a day 5 days in a row...it lost it's appeal.
 
So yesterday while surfing tv channels I stumbled upon The Jonas Brothers Live @ Much special.
 
Holy geeze.  I have never seen so many screaming, hysterical girls.  Not even when I was obsessed with New Kids on the Block or when my sister was hysterical for N'Sync.  At least that's what I thought - but my mom insists it was the exact same reaction for both of those bands, we just didn't realize it 'cuz we were part of it.
 
Whatever the case, I watched a few minutes of the special and I must admit - they are really sweet guys (which the cynical PR person in me translates to 'very well media trained').  I think I would totally be into them if I was 15.  And I felt guilty for not doing my duty and keeping up with this teenage trend (so that I can educate my friends and co-workers)...
 
So I went online and did some homework and I am on my way to becoming a Jonas Brothers expert.  They are 3 brothers (obviously), Nick (15), Joe (18) and Kevin (20 - he's also the one I like best...maybe because he's not jail bait???  ...although still too young if you use gay math).  Apparently they come from a very close family and travel with their mom, dad and younger brother everywhere they go.   Nick was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes two years ago and the title track off of their upcoming album deals with that.  And they just aired their movie called School of Rock on the Family Channel which apparently repeats often - so I will have to check it out (although truth be told if it's anything like High School Musical I won't be able to stand 5 mins of it).
 
Here's a peak of their most recent video.  Not much has changed in terms of boy bands...still cheesy...but you gotta love it.
 
me.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home