My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

A (Fun) Week in the Life

Normally my life is pretty boring...which is why this blog is mostly about books and tv - my only source of excitement.

But last week was pretty full. And fun!

Sunday ('cuz that's technically the first day of the week):
Saw The Hulk with Ange and Colin. Colin worked on the movie while it was shooting here in Toronto so that made it especially interesting. It was a good movie - but what Ed Norton movie isn't good?



Monday:
Saw The Ting Tings in concert at the Mod Club - one of the coolest venues in Toronto! I love the song on the iPod commercial 'Shut Up and Let Me Go'. So when Ange told me to check out this new band The Ting Tings and I realized that was their song - I was hooked. They are so danceable and fun! Had a great time screaming and dancing at the show. (I was going to post a picture of the band performing here...but as I feel like Ange and I still need to redeem ourselves for the picture in my last post and I just talked about Colin above...this is a pic of the 3 of us at the show).



Tuesday:
One of my favourite authors, Emily Giffin was in town and Ange, Karen and I got to see her at the Harobourfront Centre. She talked for a bit about the inspiration for her new book and then did a pretty lengthy Q&A. It was a so great. And in the end I got my book signed and got a picture with her (unfortunately it is probably one of the worst pictures ever taken of me). I wanted to tell her I read her first book Something Borrowed in a day - but I got so flustered and nervous when I got up there I spit out something silly and incoherent. Oh well.

Wednesday:
I've been dying to try this turkey meatball receipe I got from my Rachel Ray magazine...but what am I, one person, going to do with 18 turkey meatballs?? I'd be eating them for days. So I went to my sisters for dinner and made them there. They turned out ok, considering I replaced two major ingredients. But that's the fun of Rach's recipe's - they work even if you don't follow it exactly. And afterwards my sister her husband and I sat on the couch sleepy and unable to move. Apparently turkey has the same affect in any form.

Thursday:
I had my first downtime in four days. After all those late nights I was exhausted so I caught up on some recordings on my PVR - watched two episodes of Mad Men. A great show that'll I talk more about another time.

Friday:
One of my favourite nights of the year!! The Daytime Emmys!! Being a soap opera junkie, watching this show is heaven for me. Only one of my picks won (Tom Pelphery from Guiding Light - there is no way he wasn't going to win, he is an awesome actor!), but my favourite soap (even though I've really been into Days of Our Lives lately) General Hospital took home best show! Yea!! As with all the awards shows, the best part was the fashion and I think this show had some of the best! Unfortunately I couldn't post pics of them here...so you'll have to check them out at www.soapnet.com. Actually - while you're there, check out the streaming video too! This year they put digital cameras on every table and all of the stars got to shoot the goings ons at their tables. Some of it is pretty cute...and makes me wish I was a celeb and got to get dressed up and go to fancy schmancy parties...

Saturday:
The first official meeting of our book club. Our first book was The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (don't let the Oprah Book Club sticker scare you). And what a great pick! Although it was pretty depressing at times, there was a lot to talk about and I was so happy to discuss it. It's one of those books you just have to talk about. I highly recommend. Our next book is non-fiction and sounds just as interesting, Stumbling on Happiness, by Daniel Gilbert. I'll let you know how it goes.


Sunday:
My old roomate Nicole's lingerie shower. Fun times with the girls. Next week is the wedding and I can hardly wait.





Whew. And next thing I knew it was Monday again.

me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home