My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Friday, May 23, 2008

SYTYCD

Summer is here. I know this because the one and only reality show I watch (since retiring from The Amazing Race) premiered this week: So You Think You Can Dance

It's all my sister's fault. She is a dancer in every sense of the word...she has spent most of her life competing and dancing professionally...so as I have attended many of her competitions and every single one of her dance recitals, I feel equipped to critque.

I appreciate dance, for the same reason I appreciate art - I am amazed and in awe 'cuz I know it's something I could never do it.

Most people love the auditions where you get to see people make complete and utter fools of themselves, but for me, the fun really starts in the Las Vegas round - when you really start to see the talent. So many of them are so good...but just not good enough, it's heartbreaking and exhilariting watching it, all at the same time.

And then they get to LA and the fun really starts! To get you in the mood, here are two of my favourite numbers.

From Season Two:


Honestly - think of the work it took to coreograph that. There are 20 dancers in there!

And from Season Three:


How hot was that. Dancing with the Stars has got nothing on this samba!

me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home