May Book Update
I am plowing through my pile of books with fevour. I am committed to finishing this current lot before I allow myself to buy anything new. Which is tough - 'cuz there are some good ones coming out. There are four books by my favourite chick lit authors that I'm dying to get to. But as I said before, I'm trying to widen my horizons. I'm taking a break from the chick lit.
I've made it through three books in the last month. And I've got 3 more on my bookshelf that are as yet unread. They all seem a bit heavy content wise (missing children, a teenager that commits mass murder, a woman being stalked) so I might have to mix them up with the third book in the Twilight series, Eclipse, so as not to make me suicidal by the end of them all.
The one I just finished, Thanks for the Memories, by Cecilia Ahern, I have to admit I didn't read straight through to the end. I skim read the last 100 pages. It was progressing fine and dandy for the first 250 pages...but somewhere around there it stalled. She built up this suspense - one of those boy and girl keeping missing each other stories - and then let it drag on for way too long in my opinion.
I might be biased (but it's my blog so I'm allowed to be) because I know that the author is also the creator of the tv show Samantha Who and her best selling book, PS I Love You was turned into the movie staring Hilary Swank, but I found this book also read like a movie. I could picture the scenes playing out in the latest romantic comedy.
Anythewho, now I need to decide what to read next...the 'woman being stalked' story seems kind of appealing right now. I wouldn't mind a little excitement...before the depression that is sure to be 'teenager commits mass murder' and 'missing children' stories.
I'll keep you posted.
me.
Labels: books

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home