Random stuff from last night
So, I'm sick. In May. The only thing worse than being stuffed up, congested and feverish in May is being stuffed up, congested and feverish in July.
It started yesterday with lots of sneezing. Then for the first time EVER I left a class at the gym half way through. I thought it was because I'd eaten junk all week that I didn't have the energy to keep up in my boxing class...but I got home and my nose wouldn't stop running. Finally when I went to wipe my nose for the kabillionth time and saw my shiny red nose in the mirror...I knew something was up. I thought it was allergies so I took a Benadryl and went to bed. I was mistaken. I woke up in the middle of the night aching and unable to breathe. I feel back into a restless sleep and this morning on top of not being able to breathe I had the worst sinus headache. Finally I dragged my butt up and was able to get functional thanks to some cold medication. Although, now I'm feeling a bit woozy and unable to concentrate...
Despite the runny nose last night I did manage to watch 3 episodes of Sex and the City. God - I love that show. Apparently it's Fleet Week in NYC - so of course I had to watch that episode which is waaaayyy funnier than I remember...
I haven't used store bought salad dressing in over a year...I've been using olive oil and balsamic vinegar on my salads. But last night I decided to try the dressing recipe for this citrus salad I was making. And wow. It was good. Thankfully I made enough that I have some left over for my salad at lunch today. I'm looking forward to it. It was so easy - red wine vineagr (although the recipe called for white wine vinegar but i didn't have any) dijon mustard, honey, garlic and olive oil. Yum...
I caught a really great episode of Rachel Ray yesterday - it was perfect timing as I was feeling pretty crap for walking out of my boxing class (at the time I didn't realize I was getting sick). Rachel featured two women who had lost almost 100 pounds each and were fullfilling thier dreams - one was going to wear a bikini on the beach for the first time ever, the other was going to get her wedding pictures re-shot. They were the sweetest, most inspiring stories that totally made me cry...and made me realize that I should not be bitching. There is no reason why I can't lose these 15 pounds, I just need to commit myself to doing it. And that's what I'm going to do...
me.
Labels: me, random thoughts, TV

1 Comments:
Good on yeah Lex! Sometimes that's all you need - to look outside and see that anything is possible! Life is all about roadblocks and getting passed them. You can do it.
Okay enough cheese - I'm out.
Nerak.
Post a Comment
<< Home