My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

My John...Always

My friends: 
 
Please do not believe me the next time I say I am over John Mayer.  'Cuz I'm not.  I never will be.
 
I LOVE HIM!
 
I just got his new live DVD yesterday (I would have got it Tuesday - they day it was released, but it was a holiday) and I am reminded of how amazing he is.  His voice, his guitar skills, his music in general.  I can't help but grin from ear to ear as I watch him play.  I don't care about the funny faces he makes because sometimes I just close my eyes and listen (yes, it's cheesy, but I don't care!).
 
The DVD is broken up into three parts and it's brilliant. 
 
Part One: acoustic...John at his absolute best.  He does a cover of Tom Petty's Free Fallin - as if I didn't already love that song...now I want to marry it. 
 
Part Two:  the John Mayer Trio - who knew I could love blues or Jimi Hendrix??  But I do now.  I think Vultures is one of my all time favourites (although I could never really, truly pick my all time favourite by John) 
 
Part Three:  John with his full band - Why Georgia is a classic that will never die.
 
Watching that DVD was the highlight of my week and the happiest I've been in months (sad, but true).  I've decided I don't care what he does in his personal life anymore...it's all about the music (although for the record, I'm on Team Anniston). 
 
I can't believe I actually entertained the idea of not going to his concert this year.  It must've been temporary insanity.  Only 3 days to go.
 
me.
 
 


R U Ready for Windows Live Messenger Beta 8.5? Try it today!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home