9 days to go...
In nine days I will be 32. 32!!!!
And what do I have to show for it? Don't have the husband and kids. Don't have the house I dreamed of. Not in the great job I was certain I would at the very least have to boast about (in fact I am currently living in fear that my name will be on the impending layoff list).
So it looks as if it's just me. My cat. A mountain of debt. And my PVR.
But I also have the best friends in the world. And two sisters that drive me crazy and make me laugh my ass off every day. And big comfy bed. And some pretty freaking awesome memories.
I couldn't do this when I turned 30...('cuz I was too freaked out about it and I didn't have a blog). So as I gear up for the big 32...(and 'cuz I like making lists)...here are some pretty great memories (in no particular order) from my 20's that I wouldn't trade for the world:
1. Rez life - U of W and MAC Hall were the best decisions I ever made.
2. Spain - On 9/11 I was in the air...on my way to a trip through Spain with Karrie and Siva. We got frustrated and we sweated (A LOT) but we met some interesting people...we drank sangria from a pot with a laddle and learned a lot - primarily how to read a spanish menu.
3. GE - the best job a twenty something could ever ask for. The coolest perks, the nicest boss and coworkers that will be my friends forever.
4. Karen's wedding - FUN TIMES!
5. The Subaru and the Protege - The Subaru got me back and forth to my first job and got me downtown on the weekends and I was greatful to have it...but when it finally broke down in the middle of the road as I left work one day I called my dad and said. "That's it. I'm buying a new car." The Protege was my first big purchase made all by myself and the first new car I had every owned (well, leased as the case was...but you get my point)
6. The Jerkface - I would certainly never actually write his name on this blog. And I hope I never see or hear from him again. But when I was happy with him. I was HAPPY. I might be romaticizing it a bit, but so what? No one has ever made me feel the way he did and he'll certainly be 'the one' I wonder about when I'm old and grey.
7. Canada's Wonderland - I came home stinky and covered in dirt almost everyday and it was probably the hardest job I'll ever have - but nothing beats working outside in the summer with a bunch of crazy, fun people.
8. The WB - when I moved home after university I took over the cable bill just so I could get the extended cable package to enjoy and obsess over Felicity, Dawson's Creek, Buffy and Roswell - some of my all time favourite shows (and quite possibly what launched but at the very least certainly solidfied my tv obsession...).
9. London - visiting Ange and Colin was another great trip. It was short and cramped...but I saw a lot on my own (thanks to Angie's cleverly colour coded lists), spent an entire day in the National Gallery and discovered my absolutely favourite tea - Sainsbury red label - the cheapest tea you can even buy...and I love it!
10. Buying my condo - It was the most stressful experience of my life...but it's mine ALL MINE.
I would say I can't wait to make my list of great memories from my 30's...but lets be honest here. I am in NO RUSH to see 40.
me.
Labels: me, random thoughts

1 Comments:
See...I am so glad you included the London trip...if everyone was as daring as you and actually USED my colour coded maps they would enjoy their travels so much more! And kudos to you list, I would just have heaps of movies and music that I love, nice to have memories with friends instead...
Post a Comment
<< Home