My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Jason Bateman Debate

This post is inspired by my gossip gal Lainey.  She wondered why he isn't on her freebie five...and I wonder the same thing.  I really like the guy, but why isn't he a full fledged celebrity crush for me? 
 
He's cute.  And the majority of his cuteness actually comes from what seems to be a genuinely sweet, down to earth kinda guy.
 
He can deliver a joke.  If you've watched even just one episode of Arrested Development - you know what I'm talking about (I wish I had discovered that show sooner!).  And in Juno - you can't help but swoon...even though...well I won't mention what happens in the end just in case you haven't seen it yet (but seriously - what the heck are you waiting for??)
 
He can do action as he proved in the Kingdom.
 
But there is something missing and I don't know what it is.  It's not 'that thing' 'cuz he has it - the charisma, the charm.  Even his voice is sexy.  So then it must be the look, right?  But what about it?  The hair, the body?  Nope can't say that 'cuz he's pretty darn cute. 
 
See, I can't really figure it out.  Could it be just residual imagery of from his Hogan Family days?  'Cuz the late 80's were not pretty.
 
Hmmm...dilema indeed.
 
me.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm interesting! My instinct says it's b/c he's just cute/ordinary looking but his personality makes him shine. So we don't automatically gravitate towards him.

Do you beg to differ?
kjsp

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home