My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Places to go

My head is swirling with vacation thoughts...I am dying for a getaway.  Thankfully I will be out of the city at a cottage next week.  But for now I just wanted to make a list (yes, another list) of the locations on my Future Vacation Destination Wish List:
 
1.  Hawaii - after the Jack Johnson concert on Sunday and my obssession with Lost I really want to see this cluster of islands.  I've also always wanted to do a fly over of an active volcano.
 
2.  New Zealand - I know I said I'd never fly that far...but Amy is there...and she loves it...so there is obviously something I am missing...can't say that I want to do the LOTR tour like my geek freind Karen does...but I do want to experience the Kiwi lifesyle.
 
3.  France - I want to see ALL of it.  I want to do like I did in Spain...start at one end and work my way through.  I finally got a quick glimpse of Paris when I was there for a day in March...and now I want to see it all.
 
4.  Dominican Republic - nothing beats lying on the beach with a good book...and I am sure there are many other tropical islands on which to do this, but this one is familar and easily accessible...and probably more in my price range when it comes to a quick beach geataway.
 
5.  Alaska or Northwest Terriotires or Yukon or Nunavut - I've always said I wanted to do an Alaskan cruise and witness the wonder of the glaciers...and I still do.  BUT, Canada is such a beautiful country, I am a proud Canadian and I would like to be one of those few Canadians that can say they've seen it all.  So I'm willing to forfeit Alaska for one of the Canadian Territories. 
And since my friend Sam lives in the NWT - I figure if I can at least get there I'll be able to say I've really 'been up north.' 

So that's it.  My vacation wish list.  Don't know if I'll have the time or money to even get to any of them in the near future.  But here's to hoping...
 
me.  



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um....how about the john cruise?

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes to NZ! Perhaps next year?
nerak

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home