NKOTB REUNITED!!!!
Oh. My. God. I don't care how old they get. I will always love them. They will be old men in walkers and wheelchairs and I will still lust for them. In fact, this time around Danny looks pretty damn good. He's matured well into his funny shaped head. And the goatee works. Or maybe it's just that my taste has matured along with the band.
This was my childhood. Screaming, squealing, getting teary-eyed but never quite crying (I was never one of those girls) over these five guys. And I will probably be doing the exact same thing this time around. Goodness knows just watching a few videos on youtube a few minutes ago I thought my cheeks would bust I was smiling so hard!
Many an afternoon was spent watching recorded videos and interviews of the boys over and over again and squealing into the couch cushions. I wore my Jordan Knight t-shirt to bed every night for close to two years!

My parents were so supportive of my obsession. Yet, thankfully I wasn't one of those girls that had to have every NKOTB piece of paraphanalia out there. I had a t-shirt, some posters...that was it. And I was happy.
I remember one girl at my high school asked her parents to drive her to Boston for her birthday. And they did!! And she stalked Joey McIntyre's house! And she met his parents and his brother as Joey was on the road!
I think I still have videotape of a special they did at MGM studios...and video of them on Arsenio Hall. Maybe I'll go dig it out and relive my youth. It'll give me something to hold me over till the big announcement on the Today show on Friday. My PVR is set.
me.
Labels: music

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home