Books on the Go
I'm travelling a lot this month. In fact I calculated and I am actually only in town for 9 days in March. Which means lots of time waiting in airports and for ferries and trains...and hopefully lots of time for reading!!
As per usual I have a pile of books just waiting to be read. My focus this week is The Flirt, by Kathleen Tessaro. It's a book I am reviewing for the Harper Collins First Look proram. This awesome little community were the publishers give book lovers an opportunity to read and review books before it hits bookshelves! (Check it out at www.harpercollins.ca/firstlook) The cool thing this time around is that Julia is reading the same book...however, as she is a way faster reader than me...the pressure is on to finish it quickly so that we can discuss before we post our review. It's like we have our own little book club this month.
Which is kinda cool but also reminds me that the reason I am not officially part of a book club is because I'm sometimes a bit of a slow reader...(as a tv junkie there are lots of distractions)...and as I've said before I have some kind of reading ADD and often have 3 or 4 books on the go at once.
Anythewho - I recently finished The Other Boelyn Girl...and I think it's going to end up on my favourite books of all time list...which is a big deal as there are only 3 other books on that list (The Time Travellers Wife, Something Borrowed and of course, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone). And it got me wanting to expand my reading reportoire...I miss historical novels!
The last few years I've been a total sucker for the chick lit. Bridget Jones Diary changed my life...as well as the face of publishing for a little while there. But you can only read those single girl trying to make her mark and have it all novels for so long before it gets tired. And I think I'm there...finally...it only took what? 8 years???
I've never been a big mystery reader...but I found out about this promotion called March Mystery Madness...and while I don't think I'm educated enough on the titles to vote...it might be a good place to start looking for some good titles to read.
I know - really I should get through the piles of books I have waiting by my bed and on my bookshelf...but I love new books...I can't help myself...
me.
Labels: books

1 Comments:
I am reading the other boelyn girl right now..and it's pretty good..
LOL i think i have reading ADD too!
i am reading the other boelyn girl, pillars of the earth and remember me? (which i just finished)...you think i would just try to finish the other 2 books...BUT NO! i bought one today at costco (books are sooo cheap there). so i have added "peony in love" to my book list.
3 books...so much to read...so little time!
Post a Comment
<< Home