My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Soccer Mom

Check it out. How cool is my friend Arnelle? Here she is in action on the (indoor) soccer field on Saturday night! Her team the Shooters tied the game 1-1. How many lactating mothers of a 6-months old do you know who play soccer once a week and are training for a 5K?! (Which by the way she will be able to do no problem - she could do it before she became a mom...so what's to stop her now?).

She has asked me numerous times to join the team with her, but clearly Arnelle was not as traumatized by elementary school gym class as I was. I just don't do team sports. Even though I've become much more sporty in my old age...there are memories from those early days of physical education (where I was always picked last) that I just can't get over. That and the numerous balls - soccer, floor hockey, volleyball, etc. - that I took the the face and chest. (I'm pretty sure that floor hockey ball incident is the reason my nose is crooked).

me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy SuperStar! Did she take her shirt off too? ;) I'm impressed and motivated! You go yummy-mummy.

McLovin

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your NOSE IS NOT CROOKED!!!
so do you want to join outdoor soccer ? ;)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home