It's beginning to look...
...a lot like Christmas!
Finally.
I feel like I'm finally in the festive spirit. I officially started my Christmas shopping yesterday. I usually don't wait this long...but for some reason this year Christmas has just seemed to sneak up on me.
I ventured out today on a Saturday no less, to brave the crowded mall and get the basics...like wrapping paper and bows and ribbon and christmas cards. I had to give myself a pep talk before I left the house - I hate crowds...especially the frenzied Christmas crowd, but I made up my mind to stay positive and not let all those crazy stressed out people ruin my day.
I even enjoyed a Starbucks peppermint mocha - otherwise known as Christmas in a cup - and listened to the Chirstmas music radio station in the car, which I think has a lot to do with my sudden holiday spirit. You can't be cranky when you're listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas or Dean Martin's Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
In fact as I sit here typing, I'm tuned into the same radio station (currently playing Jingle Bell Rock).
I love Christmas. My family has so many great traditions...I can hardly wait. The stress and the rush is always worth it once everyone gets together.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home