Good therapy
After a particularly crappy day on Tuesday I skipped the gym and made an appointment for a facial. What a feeling. I know lots of people rush to schedule massages...but I find facials help me find that relaxing zen like state...while also making my skin brighter. What could be better?
The key though is getting an estetechian who's not a talker. If I'm trying to relax, the last thing I need is someone yapping in my ear.
Of course afterwards she did the required 'trying to sell me products' when the truth is I am quite happy with my face cleasing regime. But I listened. And one of the lotions I actually loved the smell of and when she put it on the back of my hand, my skin felt so soft. However as she indicated to me, they each had different price points and the one I liked? $125. For a tiny bottle.
So, yep. I think I'll stick with my regular lotion.
When I got home I felt better, but still wasn't 100% so I flipped on some episodes of Rachel Ray I hadn't watched. More good therapy. That woman is so freaking cheerful. How can you feel depressed while you're watching her show? It made me feel even better and by the time I went to bed last night after reading a few chapters of The Other Boelyn Girl (a great book by the way!). I almost felt normal.
Of course then I woke up on Wednesday with a scratchy throat and sneezing and by yesterday I had to stay home from work. So while emotionally I may have felt better...physically, it's been a long week.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home