My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My other John - back in town

Got to see my other John. John Butler. Last night at the Kool Haus. Two hours of total and utter awesomeness.

His CD's are great...but seeing him live is where it is all at. He is energy and fun and amazing guitar - all the time...and only the occasional funny guitar playing face. I love JBT (John Butler Trio) - as I like to call them now after the crowd chanted 'JBT' it to get them to come out for their AMAZING encore. They invited the opening act, Ian Ball, out to play with them and did the BEST cover of Come Together by the Beatles that I have ever heard. John, Paul, George and Ringo couldn't have played it any better themselves!

And what's another great thing about this John??? John recently did a duet with my other favourite Aussie, Keith Urban (who I will be seeing in concert in December!) at the Australian Music Awards...check it out. (This is also the song he closed the show with last night)



As always, the night wouldn't have been near as fun without great company...and here we are before the show (and, yes, I know I'm in desperate need of a new camera).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home