Attention seeker or just mad?
Sometimes I feel like my kitty Potter is severly neglected. And then she starts to demonstrate it in very obvious ways...and I feel awful.
I love her and I play with her...when I'm home...but it's the amount of time that I'm home I think that upsets her. On an average day I am at home for approximately 4 waking hours...the rest of the time I am at work, at the gym or asleep.
Last night I woke up to a scratching noise, it didn't worry me because it was obviously just Potter using her box. I rolled over and tried to fall back asleep...just as I was dozing off I realized the scratching was still going on...'hmmm...an usually long time for Potter to be in her box,' I thought. But as it was the middle of the night I was too tired to give it any more thought and fell back asleep.
I woke up this morning to almost the entire contents of her litter box on the bathroom floor! Sand and poop and clumps of pee everywhere!!
Potter!!!
I fed her her breakfast and she followed me around as I got dressed - as she does every morning meowing and meowing and getting right under my feet and almost tripping me more than once. That's our normal rountine, she bothers me until I go to the kitchen at which time she goes straight for her food bowl...that's all she really wants...for me to watch her eat. Seriously.
However today - she ate a few mouthfuls of food an promptly started gagging loudly...and threw up her breakfast (or last night's dinner - I couldn't tell) all over the kitchen floor.
Potter!!
Besides that she's taken to sleeping on my lap (or my chest depending on if I'm sitting or lying on the couch) exclusively. If I am on the couch. She is there too. Jamming her furry little head right up under my neck often blocking the tv and begging to be pet.
I suspect these are all cries for attention. And I try to give her all I can. But seriously - how many mornings can I spend cleaning up cat poop and vomit before work??
Cat mommies out there - how do you balance your human life with the needs of your little furry ones?
me.
Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!

2 Comments:
What human life?
Moose's Mommy
Thanks Moose's mom...I was just checking...
Post a Comment
<< Home