My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Power of 3

 
Holy - it's been a full week since I've posted.  Time flies when you have a 3-day weekend!  A belated Happy Turkey Day to all.
 
T-Day was a little odd this year as my baby sister is away.  She always says grace at our Thanksgiving dinner - it's a weird tradition, 'cuz it's never a normal grace it's always some silly little thank you song the teach little kids in school.  Being as she's a teacher, I guess it's fitting.  So anyways - this year we skipped grace altogether.  Can you imagine that?  Not giving thanks on Thanksgiving???  So I said a little thanks in my head.
 
Speaking of my baby sister, my other sister and I realized this weekend that there is a reason my parents had 3 kids.  Two just doesn't work - there is great purpose for the back up.  Three times over the weekend we found ourselves going - 'damn, if ashley was here...'  And while I was away last week, Mel said her phone barely rang - a true testament to how often we talk. 
 
...but if Ashley were here, she would have had someone to call when she got bored at work.  Or at least Ash would have been sitting on Mel's couch in the evening (eating all her food) which would have kept Mel occupied enough that she didn't notice her phone not ringing.
 
On the weekend Mel forgot to buy a gift for a friend's bday party and was working all day so couldn't go out to get one.  She called me and asked me to pick something up, which wasn't problem...
 
...but, if Ashley were here, she could have done it or at least come with me so i had company shopping and a second opinion as I tried to by a gift for someone i barely know.  She is only 5 mins from Mel's work and another 5 mins from the mall.  I on the other hand am over 20 mins and a lot of gas away.
 
Then since I had no Saturday night plans I asked Mel to keep me up-to-date on the aforementioned bday plans.  They were taking a limo downtown so I said, 'Let me know if there's room, maybe I'll come...'.  However, it ended up that the the limo was indeed full, so I didn't go.
 
...but, if Ashley were here, more than likely she would have been going too (or at least we could have talked her into it) and I would have had a ride.
 
Now, when we told Ash these stories and told her we think she needs to move back home ASAP.  She seemed to think we only missed her 'cuz we wanted her to do stuff for us.
 
I guess it's all perception. ;o)
 
me.


Express yourself with free Messenger emoticons. Get them today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home