For the sake of fashion
I'll admit it. I am one of those girls that will choose style over comfort. I will suffer for the sake of fashion. Especially when it comes to my shoes.
But I can. Because I work in an office and the furthest I walk is from the parking lot to my desk.
However, my job also entails a lot of event planning and I am often on site at tradeshows, press conferences, client sites etc. And thus when I know I'll be running around I wear the appropriate shoes. But now I'm in a more senior role. And I don't have to do the running around. People run to me. So lately I've been wearing the pretty shoes everywhere.
But then you get those coworkers. Primarily male. Who want to wander. Wander the tradeshow floor. Walk the perimeter of the event space. And my pretty shoes were not made for walking.
After a few particularily painful treks throught the CNE grounds a few weeks back - where male my colleagues didn't even stroll but kept up a pretty quick pace the entire time - I had to drive back to the office in bare feet. Twice in two weeks.
So lesson learned. I'll reserve the pretty shoes for the office. But what's the point of pretty shoes if my officemates are the only ones that get to see them?
me.

2 Comments:
OMG I cant totally relate.
I have to think out before planning to wear my 'gay' shirts at work on certain days- they are tighter and make me look fabulous in the office. However, because they are tighter, I sometimes have to suck in my gut and cannot sit/walk in certain positions as my shirt restricts it ( otherwise resulting in me looking like a sausage or a whale, and thats not hot)... ugh.
'Gay shirt days' also rule out anything other than salad, tic tacs, or steam for lunch.
Jep
LMAO!!! OMG Jeffy. I hear ya girlfriend.
Post a Comment
<< Home