My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Summer Reading Update #3

I cannot believe that there are only two short weeks left until September - and my summer reading list still seems miles long!! The good news however is that I am finally going on vacation the first week of September which means time to lay around on the beach and get through a few more reads. But that's not to say that I didn't plow through quite a few already the last few months.

Not surprisingly, I made it through the chicklit pile pretty easily. Queen of Babble in the Big City was one of them. If you love the Shopaholic series - then you will love Meg Cabot's books. Queen of Babble in the Big City is the follow up to Queen of Babble (which I also read this summer) about a girl who has a habit of talking too much...and if you know me, then you will understand why I could fully identify. But unlike some of those other chick lit characters - Lizzie Nichols, the main character did not embarass me. So many times I have been reading and cringing at something the character has done or said...but Lizzie isn't like that. She's smart and doesn't go around making a fool of herself, she's just honest and genuine, which was nice. AND there was a rather interesting twist at the end of this novel that I really liked - I kind of saw it coming, but didn't know for sure if it would actually go there...and it did!

The other really good read of the summer was of course Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now this I could say a lot about, but won't for those of you that may still be trying to get through it. I did need to 'take a moment' once I was done. A long moment in fact, to really digest all that I had read...and the fact that the HP series is over. Never has a (series of) book inspired me to laugh and cry and cheer out loud the way Harry and his friends do!

Now I finally know the answer to the question "if you could meet any person living or dead, who would it be?" And for me it would be JK Rowling. Even after reading the in-depth follow up interviews she has done, I still have so many questions to ask her, but most importantly I would love to tell her how happy her books have made me and how amazed I am by the ideas she comes up with. She has an imagination that I cannot believe is in the mind of an adult. I read a lot - I have been a book junkie since I had the hand coordination to turn a page and I can say without a doubt that Harry Potter and the Philiosopher's stone is my all time FAVOURITE book. I can hardly wait to re-read them...

...Once I get through the 'it's-been-sitting-on-my-bookshelf-for-years-and- haven't-gotten-around-to-reading-it-yet' pile. First up: Four Blondes by Candice Bushnell.

me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home