My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The most wonderful time of the year

 
It's officially here.  The fall tv season started last week with premiere of one of my favourite shows, Prisonbreak.    Sure I had some guilty pleasures like Tori & Dean: Inn Love to keep me busy over the summer season but the PVR pretty much had a nice vacation this summer. 
 
Usually this time of year is very stressfull for me as I peruse all of the new shows that are premiering and plan my viewing schedule.  But unfortunately I've learned the hard way over the years, that 80% of the new shows get cancelled before Christmas, so why invest my time and tv loyalty into something that will inevitably disappear to make way for some mid-season replacements and really bad reality tv in the winter and spring.
 
So this year - I've tried a new approach.  I've limited my new show schedule to only those that are getting the best reviews.  And as hard as it is...I am turning a blind eye to those other new shows that sound so super cool to me...but I know will totally flop with the viewing public. 
 
So the new shows I'm giving a chance this season and adding to my schedule:  Gossip Girl, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, Chuck and Samantha Who.  That's it.  Just five new shows.  That might seem like a lot to some of you.  But my fellow tv addicts know that's really nothing - given the number of choices that are out there.  Oh - and I will give Carpoolers at least a one night try.
 
My pics for first to flop:  Big Shots.  Cavemen.  Bionic Woman.  and Dirty Sexy Money has a 50/50 chance.  The previews are so-so and they've been pushing it so hard in the advertising campaigns it really could go either way.
 
me.


Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home