My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fun Hair!

I got purple hair! Ok - don't freak out. It's not all purple. I was inspired by my sister and her hot pink extensions. So I decided to take a walk on my wild side and try out a few purple extensions. When Mel told me she was getting pink hair I was like 'Why?' although I wasn't surprised. As a hairstylist she's always trying out something different. But then I saw them! And oh they are super cool!

Working in a corporate environment I knew I couldn't go hot pink...so we settled on a dark purple that almost blends with my hair but stands out just enough that it's noticable...if I want it to be.

So here I sit - with my first hair extensions. They are bonded to my real hair and will grow with it...and when I'm ready to take them out I have to go back to the salon to have them professionally removed. I don't feel them at all and I have no problem brushing my hair. The real test will come when it's time to wash my hair and this perfect blowdry I got at the salon is no more. I'll keep you posted on that.

In the meantime I have to come to terms with the fact that I can no longer use my Zero Frizz or Biosilk - two hair products I live by as they are the only things that keep my hair frizz free and silky. But they are oil based...and oil will break down the bonds and next thing you know my hair extensions will be falling out all over the place. And that would not be pretty.

So wish me luck.

me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!
i cant wait to see your hair!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home