My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

It's all over

Just like that the Christmas season came and went.  And now here we are in 2008. 
 
Holy crap!!  2008!  Seriously - how did that happen???  As a kid I was always measuring the years by how close we were to 2000.  It was always 'Wow, I'll be 24 in the year 2000!'  It was such a milestone that I don't think I ever really thought beyond that - I can't remember ever caluculating what year it would be when I turned 30...and here we are in 2008 and I'm going to be 32 this year!  Ack!
 
While Christmas was a bit of a bust, my New Years Eve was nice.  It felt good to bring in the new year laughing my ass off with new friends.  I feel like I got the year started right.
 
I would love to take a look back and give you my best and worst list of 2007 as so many other bloggers and news outlets have been doing this past week.  But the truth is, I can't remember anything that seems really all that significant (besides the births of Isaac and Ava - new life is pretty significant).  Which just goes to show - at the moment you might think it's the worst thing or the best thing in the world, but really, in the grand scheme of your life:  it's just a blip. 
 
-23 with the windchill today...is it summer yet?
me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Seeing Rachael Ray is not "all that significant"? That was one of the biggest events of my year! =P

Dawn

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home