My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hooray for Oscar

I've said it before.  I'll say it again.  Oscar night is my FAVOURITE night of the year.  I get a bit confused around Golden Globe time because of the excitement of my tv peeps mingling with the big Hollywood celebs. 
 
But really and truly, that little gold guy never lets me down. (Ok, fine, there have been one or two upsets I've never gotten over, like Leo losing for his role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Traffic losing best picture to the Russell Crowe crap Gladiator...but I digress).
 
After seeing Atonement...I couldn't understand why the Hollywood Foreign Press didn't recognize Saoirse Ronan for her performance.  That little girl really rocked some very adult material.  Thankfully though, the Academy put things right and she's been nominated for best supporting actress!  Yea!
 
And Juno's in the running for best picture!!  I know it probably won't win...it's kind of like when Little Miss Sunshine was in the running a few years back.  But as they say, it's an honour just being nominated and I think it really acknowledges to the people involved in the film that it really is one of the best this year.
 
And Canadian content is in the house - Ellen Page up for best actress and Sarah Polley for best adapted screenplay.
 
You go girls.
 
Now lets just hope this writers strike gets cleared up so the glitzy and glamourous tradition can continue!
 
me.
 
 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home