Shoe Therapy
My faith has been reaffirmed in the concept of retail therapy...actually shoe therapy to be exact. I was having one of those blah days (I wonder if I should be concerned that I have more blah days than not lately...) on account of the fact that I am on day 3 of what looks like it's going to be a bad hair week and I have been back at the gym and drastically altered my eating habits for the past 3 weeks, yet not one itty, bitty pound have a lost! It's very discouraging, let me tell you.
But despite all I dragged my ass away from my desk and got in the car to head to the gym at lunch today. Yet as I neared the intersection closest to the gym I had one of those, 'what the hell's the point?' moments, 'a month of this and not one pound?? Forget it.' So instead of turning right, I turned left and detoured to Starbucks. I got myself a non-fat mocha (I deserve the 250 calories and 25g or sugar right now thank you very much!) and made two stops: Payless Shoes and Shoe Company.
Who knew that trying on super cute ballet flats and sexy gold stilletos in between sips of an extra hot mocha could make yoiu feel so much better? I wasn't even disappointed by the fact that I couldn't afford any of them right now (another case for my blah day) or discouraged by the bad hair facing me everytime I looked in the mirror, I just enjoyed the window shopping. Real leather, pleather, running shoes, esparadrilles...I admired them all and had fun doing it. So many shoes, so little time!!
So what is this thing with women and shoes? Why are they so theraputic? How can a beautiful pair of shoes make you happy? Even if you don't buy them! It's a phenomenon I'll just never get. I'll just embrace it.
When the going gets tough...the tough goes shoe shopping. That is my new motto.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home