My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

In case of fire

The fire alarm went off in my building at about 1:15 yesterday morning. Being the worry wart that I am I was sure the building was in flames and in moments the firefighters would be banging on our doors to get out. However, I'm trying not to let my dramatic nature take over these days, so I forced myself to lie in bed and wait for the all clear that inevitably always comes from building security. And since I had some time I devised my escape plan.

You know how everyone asks the question if your house was buring what would you grab? Well in the face of (what I thought) was imminent danger I realized that all those things I thought I would grab like the teddy bear I've had since I was 6 or the picture of my mom & me as a baby weren't at the forefront of my mind.

I realized that when and if the signal came to leave the building I would put Potter in her travelling case, put on my warmest ski jacket, slip my feet into my Uggs, grab my cell phone and be out the door.

As it turns out, it the face of danger, all I cared about was my kitty, my cell phone (so I could call my parents to come rescue me from the freezing cold)...and apparently, my Uggs.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which uggs would you take!!?? the pink or the dark brown ones?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home