For the love of John & Keith
When my alarm went off yesterday morning I was wide awake. I didn't waste any time getting out of bed. You could actually say there was a spring in my step! Why you ask?? John Mayer tickets went on sale at 10:00 am to fan club members only. Yes - I am a member. (and I have chosen to look the other way where the Jessica situation is concened)
The hour and a half at work leading up to ten am crawled by. I had butterflies in my stomach I was so excited and anxious! And then at 9:55 am the unthinkable...and of course, the inevitable happened. My boss comes to my desk and says, 'Can we talk about this project for a few minutes?' Can you believe it?? What was I supposed to say, "No, i have to buy John Mayer tickets right now"?
In a panic I called the only person I knew could understand the severity of the situation, my professional concert goer friend - Ange! Thankfully I didn't even have to explain the whole story, as soon as she got the jist of where I was going she yelled, 'Give me your credit card number!' I gave her my log in information and credit card info as quickly as possible, gathered up my notebook and walked calmly into my boss's office - despite the fact that insdie I was freaking out.
And of course thanks to Ange - all ends well. She came to my rescue and ordered my tickets in record time! I was out of the meeting by ten after ten and she had already purchased the tickets and emailed me to confirm! What a star! What a friend!
But the story doesn't end here...in the back of my mind I had been entertaining the idea of going to see John at his London, ON show too. Even though my London friend Karrie hadn't confirmed if she was willing to go with me, I logged on later just to see what kind of tickets were still available...floor seats Row G...sounded good to me and I got tickets to the London show too!!
So now I am seeing John in Toronto on April 17 AND London on April 22!! I am sooo SUPER EXCITED.
And in other music news. Keith Urban is giving a private, by invitation only concert in Toronto on Valentines day. The only way you can get tickets is through Counry 95.3, the local country radio station. I entered. And have been sitting by my phone for the past 3 days. You provide them with your phone number and they will just call you at some random time and tell you you are a winner. I'm still waiting. Why haven't they called yet???
me.

1 Comments:
That's too funny!! You owe Ange big time!!
Post a Comment
<< Home