A Word About My Boys
Posted a new feature to the side bar, My Top 5 Boys. You know that top 5 list made famous by an episode of Friends? The list of guys that (if you're attached) you can sleep with if the chance ever arises and your partner can't get mad.
This has been a topic of discussion for a long time between Karen and I. While Karen has always been pretty consistent with her list. Mine changes daily. What can I say? I have a problem with commitment. But the subject keeps coming up and I figured it was time to take a stand. So there it is.
As you can see, there are a few legacy names on the list. Johnny and Patrick who I've loved since 21 Jump St. and Can't Buy Me Love respectively. In fact, when Patrick was missing for all those years - he wasn't really missing to me. I watched all the cheesy made for tv and b-movies he did. I was still faithful. Too bad the same can't be said for you McDreamy bandwagoners. In fact - he is the reason I started watching Grey's Anatomy. I knew long before the season premiere that he was coming back to tv and I have been with Grey's since episode one. All for Patrick. Same goes for Johnny - Edward Sicssorrhands, Ed Wood, even his dirty grungy faze with Winnona. I stayed true. Love my boy.
The list goes in order of preference of course and at the top is Dominic Purcell. I know you Prisonbreak girls all love Wentworth - but not me. I've always had a thing for the big guys...and Dominic just proves it. I find myself blushing when he comes on screen...now that's bad, especially since he's married with four kids. But a girl can dream.
I've always thought Ashton was a goof. That 70's Show, Punk'd...but it was an episode of Oprah that did it for me. His kindness to a fan and the way he talked about Demi. Ack. Be still my heart.
Simon Baker's obscure...but he's got that one thing that get's me everytime. He's blonde. An Australian to boot, though you don't hear the accent very often - he's always playing the part of an American. He was on a tv show called the Guardian (that I think Karen and I were the only ones to ever watch) and this season 3 episodes of Smith, before it got cancelled. He's also the suave guy in The Devil Wears Prada (great movie by the way!).
Which brings me to George. George Clooney. He's not on the list and that was a difficult decision. He's funny, he's suave and sophisticated and wordly and not looking for commitment...actually, come to think of it - why didn't I put him on the list??? But he's also seeing the end of his better days...and I just don't know if he's still for me (and besides I'm deffering to Jeff on who's list he's always been #1)...So on that note I reserve the right to add him back to the list and kick any of the others out based on a change of heart or bad publicity, whichever comes first.
me.

2 Comments:
can i borrow the book after you?
uh oh...my comment about borrowing the book was not for "a word about my boys" post...it was actually a comment for your "iam back" post.
Post a Comment
<< Home