I'm back
My goodness it's been a while since I've updated.
Life has just been trugging along and I haven't had anything interesting or thought provoking to say. That and I've been getting some pretty bad headaches which I think stem from staring at the computer all day (I've been doing a lot of reading directly from the screen) so at night I've been avoiding my laptop.
Actually, however, now that I think of it...I do have two things to share that have been on my mind:
I went into Walmart last week to buy a ball of yarn that cost $3.97. Why then, was my total at checkout $82.17?! What is it about Walmart? Why can't you just go in there and buy one thing? Somehow I'm constantly being sucked in and dropping $100 easy, every visit. It's a curious phenomenon. Same goes for Shoppers Drug Mart.
I am also reading the most wonderful book. It's actually two stories (I'm still on the first one) taking place in France in the early days of the German occupation during WWII. The most fascinating part of the book though, besides the story, is that the author Irene Nemrovisky, a Jewish Russian, wrote the book while she and her family were hiding in the French countryside from the Germans. She was eventually murdered in Aushwitz in 1942...but her daughters managed to survive and kept all of their mother's notebooks. It wasn't till years later they realized that there were two full novels in the notebooks! She also had notes on the characters and her further ideas for the novels which is included in the appendix of the book along with some of her letters to colleagues and friends during the time - which is just so cool.
A far cry from my regular chick lit. It's a fascinating read.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home