Starting from Scratch
I’m back at the gym. And it’s not fun. In fact, yesterday was horrible. I couldn’t even make it 5 minutes on the elliptical. Thought I was going to pass out (literally the room started getting dark). I had to move to the treadmill and walked for 20 minutes.
It’s so discouraging. When you know what you’re capable of it just sucks to see and feel your body in this kind of shape. I went home last night feeling like there was no hope. This gut is not going anywhere, I am destined to be this size and feel this sluggish forever. Kudos to those who can really stick to a program and get fit, because it’s not easy.
But all that complaining aside – I’m going back tomorrow and I’m going to make it 30 minutes on the treadmill at a faster walk. Maybe I’ll even try to run for a few minutes. It’s just baby steps at this point. But as my friend Sarah said today – your body will remember what it’s capable of and it will get there faster than you think. I hope she’s right.
I just want to fit into my clothes again. I can’t afford to go shopping for new clothes. I’m too busy buying shoes! ;o)
Me.

1 Comments:
Congratulations on getting back to the gym! That is definately the hardest step. My goal is always to get there, never to break a sweat.
Chand
Post a Comment
<< Home