Good Friends
If there is one thing in this world I am thankful for beyond hollywood and cool shoes. It's my friends. Boy did I luck out by going to the University of Windsor. In that smelly town, I met some of the super coolest, super funnest people ever! As proven again this Friday night.
I got invited to an art exhibit showcasing African Canadian artists and their work. (I assume it is because I am the friend and supporter of another wonderful artist Noreen Glasgow, one of those very friends I met at the U of W.) Any the who, as a few of us have been trying to get together regularily, this event was perfect. Nadine, Nicole, Anissa, Karen and I attended the show and had a wonderful Friday night!
I picked up Nicole here in the 'ssauga and learned that she goes to the very gym I was thinking of joining - so yesterday I joined! I have a gym buddy again! We picked up Karen and then met with Nadine and Anissa at the Knit Cafe on Queen St. W. Yes - more knitting buddies!
Even the short walk to the gallery was enjoyable! Proof positive of being with wonderful people - if you can enjoy a walk on a cold slushy night...you're with the right people!
One of the artists Cheryl, we also knew from Windsor - so that was a nice surprise. I fell in love with a piece called Expression...Karen, always the brave one went right up to the artist and told him how much I loved it. We had a nice chat with him, and as I can't get it out of my mind...I might contact him to see if it's for sale. It would look amazing on the space over my couch that I just haven't been able to fill with the right piece of art!
After the show we had a late dinner at a really cozy place called Papillion and then stopped off at Karen's place for some tea.
My sides hurt by the end of the evening. It was so nice to laugh really hard and generally catch up. Always a pleasure girls - love you lots!
me.

1 Comments:
Totally an awesome evening! I'm very thankful for meeting y'all. I can't wait to get together again ... perhaps at Wild Water Kingdom! ;)
karen
Post a Comment
<< Home