My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Baked Mac & Cheese

Last night I had a craving for baked macaroni and cheese.  Randomly at like 7:00 at night, after I had had my dinner.
 
So I looked up some recipes online, realized I had the right ingredients, got the general jist of it and got cooking.  Karrie called me as I boiled my whole wheat penne to al dente ('cuz didn't have any macaroni as I've never even made macorni and cheese before!) so the whole process went by very quickly and with very little thought. 
 
As we chatted I chopped some onions and green peppers to give it some substance, grated cheddar and parmesan cheese - 'cuz that's what I had on hand - and when the pasta was done mixed it all into a casserole dish with some milk, butter, flour and some paprika and dijon mustard to give it a little kick.
 
By the time it was done my hour long conversation with Karrie was coming to and end and I sat down to eat my second dinner of the night....!!!
 
It was good - but not great, I'll defintely have to give it a few more tries...maybe follow a receipe a little closer or add some garlic, what is food without garlic??  But whatever the case, I still don't know what came over me.  Baked macaroni and cheese?  Just like that?  Weird.
 
me.


New! Open Hotmail faster on the new MSN homepage!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home