Summer Reading 2009
A few weeks ago I was frantically looking for something new to read. I have at least 5 or 6 books waiting on my bookshelf to be read - but none of them appealed to me. As I said to Ange 'I want something that I'm in a rush to get home to read'.
Do you know that feeling? I love that feeling! It had been such a long time since I experienced that.
A few books from the library later and a trip to Chapters and I finally found it! The Gargoyle, by Andrew Davidson.
I am so thoroughly enjoying this story. I have no idea where it's going to go...I'm just enjoying the ride. It blends historical fiction with the modern world and throws in an unlikely romance to appeal to my girly side.
I'm anxious to get to the end to find out how it all turns out...but I know I will be sad to finish.
Thankfully, I have something just as appealing waiting in the wings (I know this because I forgot to take The Gargoyle with me to Karrie's this weekend and had to start this one to hold me over). A totally different kind of story - the second hilarious memoir by Jen Lancaster, Bright Lights, Big Ass. And when I say hilarious - I mean it. It has been a long time since a book has made me laugh out loud like this one does.
My summer reading is off to a good start. At some point I'll also have to crack our next book club book. I'm looking forward to it.
me.
Internet Explorer 8 makes surfing easier. Get it now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home