Houston, we have a problem
Last night I got to do the coolest thing! Well - the coolest thing for a tv addict like me!
I got to attend a research session where we watched two tv pilots and gave our feedback! Can you imagine?? Needless to say, when it came to the open ended question where we could write in comments (rather than just ticking off boxes for the other questions) I ran out of space! Me - a professional tv watcher being asked for my opinion?? You need to give me more than 3 lines!
But the reason for the title of this post...is one of the questions they asked was that we write down what our favourite prime time television show is. I was blank. WTF??
There are a number of tv shows that I enjoy - Friday Night Lights, How I Met Your Mother, Dollhouse, my PVR is always full...but at this point I really don't have a favourite! Yes, I'm currently obsessed with Battlestar Gallactica, but I'm watching that on DVD and it's no longer on the air so I didn't think it was appropriate.
A few years ago this would have been simple. Felicity, then Buffy...then Sex and the City and in between those I would even say Once and Again and Roswell were up there as my faves. But right now - there is nothing that I am rushing home to see, that I can't wait to watch, that I am scouring the net searching for spoilers on. Most recently I suppose it could have been Heroes or Prisonbreak...but both of those shows are dead to me now.
In the end, I put down Brothers and Sisters as my current fave. Mostly because it was the most recent thing I watched...but also because it always makes me want to yell at the characters one minute and then has me laughing my head off at them the next. And I figured something that evokes that much emotion I must enjoy. I also considered listing Mad Men.
But beyond those two - I couldn't say I have a favourite tv show. Isn't that sad? And what does that say about the state of current tv?
me.
Tell the whole story with photos, right from your Messenger window. Learn how!

2 Comments:
OKAY!! MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS DEXTER!!! it took me a day to think about this!
That is a really tough question. Frig I can't even answer it right now. Stay tuned ...
nerak
Post a Comment
<< Home