My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Monday, April 06, 2009

The Things I Do In an Effort to Lose Weight

I gave up french fries and chocolate for Lent.  Not because I'm overly religious or anything...but mostly because they are my biggest weaknesses and I figured the fear of hell and eternal damnation might just be the motivation I needed.
 
Man it's tough.  But I guess that's the point.  French fries are probably one of the worst fast food things you can eat.  But they are just so freaking good.  And I crave them all the time.  Like right now.  Anyways, I'm hoping that by remembering that I do not need all of the grease and fat clogging my arteries and gathering around my hips will keep me strong even past Easter.
 
As for the chocolate - I haven't really missed it.  Which makes sense 'cuz I pretty much outgrew the chocolate obsession once I hit my twenties and I only recently got back into it because of my coworkers and their penchant for visiting the vending machine.  While I admit I did rediscover the wonder that is a Twix bar...I'm not really all that tempted.
 
So I hear I sit a week out till Easter and the end of Lent and hoping that I can extend this boycott into 'regular time' and keep myself free of the junk I don't need.  Although I am buying a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs for the road trip to Virginia this weekend...c'mon - it's an Easter tradition!!
 
me.



Messenger has tons of new features that make chatting more fun. Click here to learn more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous arnelle said...

okay now i am craving french fries!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home