My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Project Runway Canada

I stumbled across Project Runway Canada last Tuesday night while staying at my parents house. I've always wondered about it and since I wasn't tired and there was nothing else on I decided to watch. And now I AM HOOKED.

Last night I watched three episodes on Rogers On Demand and I've just finished one more and I've got two more to get through (possibly tonight) before I'm all caught up.

Iman is the host and one of the main judges and let me tell you, she's got nothing on Simon Cowell. She can cut. you. down. But that's not even the real attraction of the show. The truth is the challenges and clothes are really cool. These designers are talented and every single one of them deserves to be there. I'm amazed at the unique pieces they can come up with every episode.

Some are fabulous...some are downright ugly and as an armchair judge I'm usually pretty accurate when selecting the winner and loser of each competition. There are some strong standout players and I'm pretty sure I can predict who the winner will be...but it doesn't draw away from the show.

As someone who has a great respect for art in any form (especially because I am not arty at all) and loves clothes I should have known this show would be fascinating to me. And the very best part of all - it's all Canadian talent. Yay Canada!

me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home