Soap therapy
I've written about this before I think...but it's worth repeating.
There is something to be said for the familiarity and comfort of my soaps.
Yesterday was a bad day. Untill I came home and flipped on Y&R...and all of a sudden things felt better. I was surrounded by friends. People I knew. People I understood. People who's history and relationships I know as well as my own. It was comforting to be amoung friends. When I can't have my real life friends over for dinner to help me forget about my day. It's nice to know that these make believe characters can help just the same.
Sure their lives are complicated and dramatic...but there are solid friendships and family bonds and true love that makes me happy and gives me hope. After Y&R I switched to Days and seeing Sami and EJ talking and realizing that they might eventually find their way back together again gave me something to look forward to.
It's sad that soap operas are slowly dying out. Because they really do make a difference in my world. Sometimes that one hour escape from reality is all it takes to put things back in perspective and make me feel rejuventated and ready to face the world again.
me.
Labels: good things, soaps

3 Comments:
WHAT!? EJ and SAMI!!! getting BACK!!!???
oh gosh..i am so out of the loop.
i will call you later and get the full scoop!!!
I'm with you on this one Lex. I unwind after work and watch GH - though Felcity had taken it's place over the last two months so now I have no idea what's going on. Too bad to, because I'm wondering about the Rebecca storyline and seeing the old Emily be someone completely diferent.
I hear ya Lex. Gh is a big snooze fest. Y&R though is picking up!
Post a Comment
<< Home