My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

TV I love

A few weeks ago I listed off some new things I've bought that are keeping me happy. This week I thought I'd mention some new things that are quickly filling up my PVR.

1. The Beast, on A&E, starring Patrick Swayze - Johnny Castle grew up and became a hard nosed FBI agent with questionable ethics. It's quite cool. I'm always amazed at how despite the plethora of cops and robbers shows on the air they can manage to come up with another one, yet make it unique enough to be interesting.

2. Flight of the Conchords, on Comedy, starring Brett & Jermaine - This isn't new...I'm just amazed at the fact that it's not more popular. It's just really silly, fun, yet amazingly clever humour. Two Kiwi's in NYC trying to make it in the music biz with their unique brand of music. The crazy part is - they are sooo talented and capable of all different types of music...reggae, hard rock, r&b...you name it, Brett and Jermaine can do it.



3. Raising the Bar, on CTV, starring Mark Paul Gosselar and J. August Richards (for the Angel fans) - Yes, Zach Morris is sporting long, gross hair in this show...but if you look beyond it, you'll find a legal drama that I find deals with some really interesting ethical questions.

4. Friday Night Lights, on Global, starring Kyle Chandler and Taylor Kitsch (aka The Hotness x 2) - I've talked about this show before on this blog. I even gave a character primer so that you would be up to speed and ready to watch. Yet only two of my friends are on the FNL bandwagon. What is wrong with you people? It is sooooo good.

5. United States of Tara, on TMN, starring Toni Collete and John Corbit (Aidan, for your SATC fans) - I can only watch this show whe I'm at my parents house on TMN on Demand. So far it's good. An interesting show about a woman with multiple personalities and how it affects her family and those in her neighbourhood. Kinda funny, kinda sweet. I like it.

me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home