My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Winter Blah's

 
I am so done with winter.
 
Next year around October when I say (as I do every year) "I'm kinda looking forward to winter and being able to wear cozy, warm sweaters and tall boots..." point me to this post.
 
One of my biggest beefs?  It's just too cumbersome.  I can't stand all the layers.
 
My hair is longer now than it has been for the last few winters and I'm beginning to realize why I kept it short.  When I put on my scarf I have to stop and adjust - pull my hair out from behind it - which usually causes static.  Then when I try to throw my purse over my shoulder - again my hair gets in the way.  In the summer it would be just a quick pull and I could get my hair free.  But when you're all layered up, your movement is restricted and these two actions take way more work than you would think - AND by the time I'm done all that straightening I'm usually breaking a sweat due to all of the activity in the layers and I haven't even stepped outside yet.
 
Also, my gym bag is constantly slipping off my shoulder.  For some reason it does not mesh well with the material of my winter coat.  When I'm leaving for work in the morning and I have my purse on the other shoulder, my cup of tea in one hand and my lunch bag in the other, I do not have the time (or any hands left!) to keep saving my gym bag from slipping of my shoulder.  Just stay where I put you gosh darn it!!
 
That's not to mention all the snow and the constant changing a rechanging from boots to shoes I have to do.
 
I just want it to be spring - when I can grab my keys, my purse and my tea and head out the door.  Unincumbered by any additonal layers that make me feel and move like the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters.  I want to be able to hop in my car and go...not dig for my gloves in my purse and then sit watching my breath condensation while I wait for the car to warm up.
 
March comes in like a lion (-26 with the windchill!) and out like a lamb they say.  Let's hope this year it's true...'cuz I don't know how much more of this I can take.
 
me.
 
 


Make your Messenger window look the way you want. Express Yourself!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!
nerak

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home