My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Canada Day!!

Stephen Harper is our current Prime Minster, who was PM before him?

How many Canadian provinces are there?

Name a province that borders Ontario?

What image is on a dime?

Who was the first Prime Minister of Canada?


This morning on the radio they used some Canadiana questions (in honour of Canada Day) to select a qualifier for a contest they were running. Sounds pretty simple. But it wasn't. It took almost 15 minutes for them to get a caller who could answer at least two questions right in a row. The radio announcers were floored. As was I.

How can people not know the answers to these basic and simple questions about their country??? Be honest - did any of these stump you?

I'll go first - I totally blanked on Paul Martin's name...but I defintely knew it wasn't Jean Chretien. The rest couldn't have been any easier.

me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home