My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Adventureland

 
Last night I watched a cute movie called Adventureland.
 
It's about staff in the games department at an amusement park!  What could be more fitting for me?  Being as I spent all of my university summers as staff in the games department at an amusement park!  The only difference was this took place in 1987 (unlike Whip It, ARNELLE), but for the most part they got everything else right.  Including the love triangles.
 
Kristen Stewart of Twilight fame was the main girl in the movie and she still has that same awkward attitude that bothers me.  What does that say about her acting ability?  I'd really like to see her play a peppy cheerleader or something.  Just to see if it's even possible for her to drop that brooding attitude.
 
The main character was a bit geeky...but somehow I totally found myself falling for him.  I'm sure in real life I wouldn't even give someone like him a second glance...but in movie land - he was perfect.  Reminded me of how I totally fell for Michael Cera in Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist...I would never really want a Nick...but in the movie, I loved him and was totally dying to be Norah.  *sigh*
 
If only life were like the movies...
 
lex.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home