My Stuff

Things I love, things I hate, things that make me happy, things that make me sad and all my other stuff.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

My favourite things

I've wanted to write a list like this for a while now. Ever since Oprah launched her favourite things show. But I didn't have a platform to share it on. And now I do. So since you're here, you might as well read it, in no particular order, my top ten favourite things:

1. Danier leather passport wallet - it's the only part of travelling by air I look forward too. It has easily accessible spots for your boarding pass, id, various currencies...and your passport of course. I usually check everything else and just carry this little number and a small carry-on for the books and magazines that I envitably never read on the flight.

2. Aveda Hand and Foot lotion - I have a slight...ok, major obsession with soft skin. I am a lotion junkie. I have tried it all...and still do...although I always come back to these two. Tried and ture. Nothing keeps my hands and feet softer for longer. I have the full size hand lotion in my bathroom and travel size in my desk at work.

3. www.laineygossip.com - I may not always agree with her. But this chick is funny. Way cooler than Perez Hilton when it comes to celebrity gossip. The best part about Lainey's gossip are the details. She tells you all the things you didn't know you wanted to know. She's a correspondent for e-Talk, so is often on the red carpet and will share with us via her blog all the juicy bits that never make it to tv or the tabloid papers.

4. Uggs - I don't care how trendy or not trendy the are anymore. They are cozy and comfy and I would wear them everyday if I could. In fact I already know I'm going to get another pair this fall.

5. Georges Dubeouf Beaujolais - my favourite red wine.

6. Sex and the City (Season 1-6 DVD) - always makes me laugh. Always makes me feel better. Always reminds me that I am not alone in my single girl plight.

7. Lemony Poppyseed Chicken with Couscous - my favourite recipe from my favourite cook - Rachel Ray. It's quick, it's easy, it smells awesome, it's yummy goodness. My latest comfort food.

8. The Pampered Chef - I have so many favourite tools from this line. I figured I'd just list the brand. My favourites include, the garlic press, the apple slicer, the deluxe cheese grater, even their wooden spoons I love.

9. Chapters/Indigo & Starbucks together - I love books. I love bookstores. I love huge bookstores with coffee. Especially cafe mocha's. Even if I don't buy anything, just perusing the isles with a cafe mocha in hand makes me one happy, happy girl. I am quite partial to the Indigo stores...but since they are few and far between I usually have to settle for my local Chapters.

10. My PVR - as if you didn't know, I'm a tv junkie. I don't know how I lived without this device for so many years...

me.

2 Comments:

Blogger karengreeners said...

I'm so with you on the Aveda lotion - I am also a junkie for the rosemary-mint shampoo/conditioner.
And after travelling stupidly last week, I'm getting a damn passport holder. Might not be danier leather tho - I got a kid (and a half) to feed!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alexis,

I'm sure you've heard, but it's worth mentioning again... the Sex in the City movie is in the works!!

T.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home