Tuesday, May 22
Why are long weekends never long enough. I sit here on Tuesday wondering where the heck did the last 72 hours go...more even, if you count the hours on Friday night that I consider part of my weekend.
What does this desire to not work mean? I used to love going to work ...well, not love, but at least not mind it. Now everyday it's a challenge to pull myself out of bed and get dressed for work. It's not that I don't like my job. I do. And they pay me well...and the people are nice. It's just that I feel like I'm done. Burnt out at 30.
How can this be? Is this what I get for jumping into the working world just a few short days after completeing university? Should I have taken the time to backpack across Europe? Teach English in Japan? Or partiipate in the work abroad program?
All I know is that I find the confines of an office stifling...when the sun is shining outside. My brain is in a constant state of writers block...and what I really want to be doing is reading a good book. Suddenly I find myself longing for my days as Assistant Manager in the Canada's Wonderland games department when my biggest stress was making sure the break schedule worked out. In those days I was outside most of the summer, working with people that made me laugh. They were long hours and I came home sweaty and smelly most days. But I was satisfied and happy.
What do I need to do career wise to perk myself up? Lately retail has been looking attractive again or even returning to school..not for an MBA though...but to become a registered massage therapist or an estetechian. Would you trust these hands and hot wax near your eyebrows?
But alas. Money makes the world go 'round. And if I am barely making ends meet now. None of those other career options will make it possible for me to continue to own my own home or drive my car.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home