The Bliss Continues
You know when everything is just going too well...that's how I feel right now. I'm so blissfully happy...I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm afraid this can't go on for much longer...
Not only am I back from a wonderful vacation down south. But today I had the first of two John Mayer concerts this week. Being the die hard fan that I am I got tickets to not just the Toronto show, but the London show as well! But it get's even better...I check my email last night to be reminded that as a member of the fan club (I get better seats at his shows that way!) I am invited to the soundcheck before the show today!!
I was so excited but worried I wouldn't be able to get more time off work. But, I got into work today and guess what?? My boss is in Saskatoon. Now, I'm not one for taking advantage of the boss being away - but this was a once in a lifetime experience. So by 2:30 I was outta there. Headed to the Air Canada Centre for 3:30 sign in!
I would like to state now - that I am not a John Mayer nutbar. I may love the guy - but I am not like the crazy fans I met today at the sound check - most of whom know each other through John Mayer fan groups online and have seen him way more times than I! They have stood in lines and bad weather and put in way more time stalking John than I ever have or could. But regardless they were good people who love John - what's so wrong about that?
The soundcheck was so cool. It was just that - a simple soundcheck. John and his band relaxed and laid back making sure everything was set for tonight. It lasted about an hour and I just sat there grin plastered across my face and in awe. Of his talent. Of his confident attitude. Of laid back style. Of his ability to walk around with that crazy hair. It was awesome I was in bliss.
The one and only downside to my day - my shitty camera. Although the full lights were on in the ACC for the sound check and we were pretty damn close for the actual show, none of my pictures came out all that well. They're all dark and fuzzy! Argh! After some fancy cropping and zooming on the computer though, I did manage to salvage one pic which you see below.
In the end my mom and I both agreed - Jessica is the lucky one. Not John. She better not screw this one up.
me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home